The Dermaplaning Treatment is also known as Dermablading or Epidermal Leveling. This is an extremely safe, gentle and effective type of “manual exfoliation”. This treatment removes the outer layers of dead skin cells leaving the skin immediately smooth, soft and radiant. An extra benefit is that it safely removes the Vellus hair or “peach fuzz” during the treatment!
This treatment is safely performed using a sterile surgical blade, which is held against the skin at a 45 degree angle and gently stroked along the skin, just like shaving. The esthetician holds the area of skin taught while stroking the skin.
- No downtime
- Gentle exfoliation (good for sensitive skin, Rosacea and during pregnancy)
- Removes Vellus hair, “peach fuzz”
- Improves softness, smoothness and clarity of the skin immediately
- Skin is radiant!
IMPORTANT ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
- Hair does not grow back darker or thicker. Vellus hair is different than Terminal hair as found on the legs, underarms, mustache and beard area.
- Performed on the face only.
- Can be performed every 3 – 4 weeks. More often is not recommended.
- May be followed by an enzyme or light chemical peel. This is a beautiful way to assist the skin’s natural exfoliation process.
- Dermaplaning may be combined with Enzymes, Oxygen Infusion Treatment, LED Therapy and specialty infusion masks for superior results.
- All skin types can benefit from the Dermaplane Facial treatment, including the very sensitive and pregnant.
- This treatment is not recommended for those with active acne lesions.